So today is my last day at The Oregon Department of Aviation. It has been an amazing 4 years, 9 months and 10 days. So I say good bye to the short commute, free parking, the broken side walk, old building, funky desk, nice work truck, comfy nursing chair, windows that look out to the airport, to watching the police do their motorcycle training, to the Flight Deck, and most of all to all the amazing people who work there. Thank you ODA for bringing me to this beautiful state (Oregon). So many of my life’s milestones happened while working there (first REAL job, got married, bought my house, had 2 beautiful kids) this agency will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. Best of luck to you all, I will miss you more than words can express
It is a bitter sweet parting, if any of you know me really well you know I’m not the best at handling change very gracefully. Monday I start my new job at ODOT and I’m looking forward to the change, the challenge, and something completely new.
I will always have a love for aviation. It unfortunately is the first to go and the last to return in a recession.
So here I go on to a new adventure…
No comments:
Post a Comment