The Knapp Crew: My new rule

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My new rule

I have decided to boycott the greeting card industry and here is why:

most people don't recycle their paper products and there for the cards end up in some landfill. I just can't have a clear .conscience sending people cards that I know they will read once and then throw away. So from now on I have decided to just write hand written notes when I want to send a card (but please recycle these as well) It will mean more writing exactly what I want to say and in my handwriting. So please don't think I don't care about you any less if I don't buy you a card for your birthday or Christmas, I'll try to remember to send you a personal note instead.

So I encourage you all to do the same, because really if you think about it you spend between 2-4$ on a card that someone else thought of and the recipient reads it once and most of the time tosses it. So I encourage you to write what you really want to say to the ones you love and make it personal and write it in your handwriting.

I hope you understand. :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you!

    Or could it be you forgot today was my birthday and had to think up an excuse why I didn't get a greeting card from you? haha

    ReplyDelete