The Knapp Crew: Skyler is 8 months.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Skyler is 8 months.



Skyler is doing wonderful. She is growing so fast and developing so well. She so content, she is perfectly fine not being in the spot light. She is fine just watching the action around her; she will take it all in. She babbles baby talk and I can make out mama and dada. She is well aware when I come into or leave a room. When I pick her up from daycare and when I first walk in the door she will glance up, see me and get totally excited. At the same time if she is a little fussy and I set her down to take care of something she lets out a cry like “mama no, please don’t go”

She has mastered the wave and will wave and anyone who waves at her. When she gets excited she will flare her arms around in joy. She is still a super eater, poor Sandy at daycare, she must change about 2-3 poopy diapers a day from her, and 80% of the time they are the blow out ones. (I hate paper diapers they always give out) So it has become a routine that everyday I bring Sandy 2-3 outfits just incase she has a blow out. But it means she is eating well. We have attempted to try solids with her but she isn’t into them at all. She most of the time uses her tongue push the food back out on to her chin. So we are going at her pace. She can stay sitting up but hasn’t quite mastered pushing herself up to a sitting position. She can roll all over. Jeff calls her a pool vacuum because she is so random. At one min she will be by the couch and then next she is under the TV table. I love watching her roll.

She is now getting 2 teeth on her upper. She is like Valkyrie and handles the teething really well. I just nurse her and give her some teething tables and a wooden spoon to chew on, so far she isn’t over fussy at all.

Valkyrie is great, she is so smart. She talks so much; I do have to do some translating for friends and even family sometimes. It is weird how you become fluent in your child’s baby language. She knows how to count things and understand what counting means. We are working on the days of the week. (you have to understand I’m not pushing her to learn this stuff she really wants to know and loves to learn new things) like when the radio is on and she will ask “Mama who this one?” and I’ll say “That’s Bob Marley

“Oh, I like it”

She likes to ask lots of questions, and when we are in the car, she is just a gabber monkey and talks about everything she sees, the only time Jeff and I can really have any conversations in the car is when she is asleep or she is crying (I know horrible huh?)

When we pass by somewhere she knows she will talk about it. It was adorable a few days ago we drove by the state capitol and we heard her say “Oh, Big building” It was cute. A week or so ago I was taking the girls to the park and I heard them both laughing and I looked back and they were holding hands and laughing, it melted me into a puddle of goo right there. So sweet. At times when we are driving and Skyler is upset and crying I’ll hear Valkyrie say “Skyler, its okay, almost there.” It is heart warming to see the love these two girls have for each other. Although sometimes more than others we have to guide her away from “playing” with her sister. She can get a little rough when she is feisty.

So there is the update on the girls, this week they got a new cousin, Pheonix. Kelly and Summer had their baby. The girls can’t wait to meet him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment