The Knapp Crew: Skyler is 4 months

Friday, November 13, 2009

Skyler is 4 months

Skyler is 4 months today and sadly I have to report today is my last day of leave. I'll be returning to work full time starting Monday. Just when I get the hang of the girls and we start really having fun, with trips to the "bouncy house", library, museums then I have to leave them. I am extremely heart broken to be leaving my girls. No one can care and love them as I do. (well their dad is pretty dang close) I'm their mom and I know all their idiosyncrasy's and tricks, and tricks of my own to get through the day. This week was a week of last: my last week off, Valkyrie's last day at a great daycare, my last day off with Skyler alone and my last day with both girls. Needless to say it has been a very emotional week.

Ok, enough of that, on to the real post, Sklyer is 4 months!(Valkyrie's post will follow shortly) Skyler is a very happy and content baby. Valkyrie can almost always get her to laugh and smile. Skyler likes to use her legs strength and stand on my lap and almost immediately she will squeak with joy. When she sees her reflection she always smiles and goggles. I know I said this before but Skyler lets so many things roll right off her. Not matter how many times or how hard Valkyrie will hug her, she just shakes it off. Even when Valkyrie throws toys or pinches Skyler ("What?" you say, my perfect Valkyrie, yes even she acts out sometimes) Skyler may cry for a brief moment and moves on and forgives her sister, sometimes mom has a harder time letting it go.

Lately Skyler and I took a few mommy and baby Platies classes. She finds it quiet fun watching me work out, and let me tell you, squats while holding a +12lbs baby is no breeze. Funny from the moment I found out I was pregnant with Skyler I have been taking classes at the Indigo Wellness Center. She has quite literally grown up at that place, from my yoga, pilaties, belly dancing, zumba and even prenatal yoga classes. Who knows maybe she will be a future Yoga teacher, she already has the inner peace thing down. Skyler can now hold her head up while she is on her belly and even roll over (Watch out) She "talks" so much. She is very vocal and makes lots of sounds, sometimes she will make her pirate face, where she talks out the side of her mouth and sticks out her tung. We have just recently been putting her in the highchair, Valkyrie has graduated to a booster seat (a make shift one, she sits on my yoga block at the table)
It is nice having 2 arms to eat with again :)
So I recently compaired my baby book photos to Skyler and YEP she has my eyes, she still has her dads hairline, I came out with gobs of hair. Skyler is bald like Valkyrie was at this age. I know I am a sap but my favorite thing to do is just kiss her soft
cheeks! The nighttime is my favorite time and not just becasue it means some much needed rest for mom but as a crawl into my bed Skyler in my arms, Valkyrie in her bed next to me and Jeff at my side and Huey at my feet, I feel like a real family and I feel home.
Okay I better get going, like I said Valkyrie update will follow soon. (Shhh....she is going to be 2!)

No comments:

Post a Comment