As I lie awake tonight, unable to sleep due to recent demons that have decided to haunt me, I can't help but feel a complete lack of faith in our Justice system. In a system where the wrong are rewarded because they can afford a lawyer that knows the human process and where to seek for the very thing that makes us human, err. In a system that lets criminal get off Scott free while a family stands shattered and shaken. All due to the very thing that makes our society function, capitol! I am sicken, physically nauseous from the thought. The price people sell their souls for, what is your price? People's constant greed for power, money and control for what??? They can't take any of it with them when the die, yet they are willing to destroy their lives and others for it.
I know that I am richer than any of these people (one in particular) for I have love, I have a family that shares bonds deeper than any pocket book and I have what they are seeking.....worth.
So I say to him: "go ahead and bathe in your bath of money tonight, reap what you have stolen, your short lived wealth is fading fast and so will you. Will those new shiny shoes protect your feet as you walk across the bridges you have burned along the way?"
I can't do anything at this point other than to teach my girls to be what we need most in this world; trust, compassion, tolerance, empathy and a sense of what is wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment