The Knapp Crew: Valkyrie is 4!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Valkyrie is 4!




Happy 4th Birthday Valkyrie. Valkyrie, what can I say about this remarkable little girl. I guess I could start with what everyone first notices about her, her energy. She is high intensity and I love her for it. Her energy is what got her to where she is, as active as she is. The girl is non-stop. Jeff and I joke that she has his spaz energy and my headstrong determination. She is destine for amazing things. Someone asked me a few months back where I see her in 20 years and I responded “I don’t know exactly where but I know what ever her passion is in life she will be doing it.” Valkyrie is a doer and a leader and not only in her physical abilities but her compassion she shows people. She is the first one to show crying kids on the playground a hug and a “are you okay sweetie?” She is leading her sister Skyler in love and showing her the way of compassion for others.

She is determined, when she makes her mind up she goes for it, it is that determination that has jumped her to a swim class with 6 year olds, where she swims the length of the pool on her own every class…..need I remind you that this is her 4th birthday update, who knows what she will be doing by 6.

She is blooming into a beautiful young girl, not only physically but spiritually as well. The beauty she sees in everyone everyday is breath taking. Valkyrie and Skyler still share a bed, by their choice. At night sometimes I can hear Valkyrie singing to her sister and rubbing her back as they fall asleep.

She is so smart. It is both a blessing and an inconvenience. You can’t sneak anything by this girl. Like the other day when we were out and told her the place she wanted to eat was closed and then she said “well if it is closed then why did someone just go in there?” What do you say to that other than…..”well they work there.”

We had a few accidents this year, the worst one was a coat hanger in her eye. Don’t worry she was fine, after a few hours in the ER, but everyday since she asks “How’s my eye look?” She is almost proud of her battle scars and when the doctor told us that her eye would be okay she looked at Jeff and I and said “I told you guys I was okay”

Jeff and I have been going through some tuff spots but the girls stay strong and adaptive. They lean on each other and I think the love they have for each other has help ease some of the difficulties of the situation.

Thank you all for all your love and support and let’s wish Valkyrie another healthy happy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment