The Knapp Crew: Valkyrie is 3!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Valkyrie is 3!


You are such a bright little girl. I’m not just saying that because I’m your mother and I love you I’m saying that because it is true. At the age of almost 3 you have the mental capability of a 5 year old. a few weeks ago you saw (with your hawk eyes) a dragonfly on the ground and you knew instantly what it was.

You can articulate what you want to say and with the diction of a young lady. I still have to translate a little for the grandparents on the phone but I know what you are saying.

You are a very sensitive girl, not only to other but to what happens to you. You can sense when someone is upset and you do your best to help them but at the some time you can show others when you have been hurt. You comfort me while I’m sad and say things like “Mommy are you sad, do you want to play with my playdough or do pigtails?”

Your physical ability is amazing. You can climb, jump, dance, spin, balance, slide, swim, run and hop. There isn’t a structure at the play ground you have not mastered. You are fearless, I hope you never lose that, don’t fear anything. Stay brave and strong Valkyire.

There are times when you can lose focus and spend a total of 10 seconds on one task before you want to move to the next one. And there are times when you like to repeat something over and over again even when you know the answer like “Where are we going?”

You have a memory like an elephant, you never forget something and you hold us to our word. You have made me a more honest person, not only because it is the right thing to do but because I can’t sneak anything by you.

My soul was missing the challenge that your soul brings me.

You make me laugh every day.

You have taught me to slow down, remain in control of the only thing in life that I can control, my emotions. You have taught me that with great kids come great responsibility.

That motherhood is not for the weak of heart. That that anyone can have kids but that to do it right is a lot of work, and I mean a lot of work.

There is not a thing about you that I would change. You complete me, but I will not be lost in the identity of a mother, I am me and you are you, two separate being living together but not the same identity.

I love you and Happy 3rd birthday!

And Mom, I’ll get my payback if she is anything like me. J

1 comment:

  1. Tralee, this is beautiful. You need to save all of these little letters that you write to her and give them to her when she turns 18! It would be one of the best presents she could ever receive to know how she has affected the other people in her life. I'm sorry I missed her party. Let's try to get together over the winter season. I am super busy trying to finish up my first semester. Miss you guys tons! And Happy 3rd Birthday to your growing little girl!
    All the best! ~Mel

    ReplyDelete