I can’t believe it has been a year, well yes I can. A year ago Skyler was born and I’m sure like most mothers I’ll be telling her the birth story every year that follows. She continues to develop daily. She is just being to stand for longer periods of time and will walk along with me as I hold her hands. She will pull herself up between my legs and hide in me pants and stand. She is not walking along yet, which is fine, one less person to chase around. I’m enjoying the last few months of her limited mobility while I can. She loves to eat, she is not picky at all. We were camping with the grandparents this past weekend and she got 3 cup cakes. I know…..but so awesome to watch her eat them and she had at blast, I’ll post pictures of them soon. She is still my little monkey and still very much a mommy’s girl. She is getting better and holder her ground when her sister comes around. I’m sure it wont be long before I hear them both yelling “But mom SHE took my……”. She has also become a little jabber monkey, she just talks and talks (baby talk) and she has the sweeties voice! She is nursing a lot less, which part of me loves and part of me is sad for. It is a time in my life that I have very much enjoyed, I have provided food, and comfort for my child and she is begin to let me know that she needs to branch out, she will always need her mom, just in different ways.
It has been an interesting year for me. It was one of the hardest in my adult life. I faced a lot of personal growth, weakness, development and strength. It started off with trying to get a handle on caring for 2 kids and what that meant. Still to this day I wake up and fear strikes my heart for a brief moment. (any mother of 2 who had their kids less than 2 years a part knows what I mean) I love my girls and wouldn’t change their ages, but it was and has been a lot for me to handle at times. I’m doing the best I can do given my personality and my limits. I know when I need to dive in, ask for a life raft and when to get out of the pool. The girls have been the biggest adventure I have had yet, and they teach me so much every day. Then after returning from maternity leave I was faced with a lay off 10 days before Christmas. My world shattered. Everything I thought I knew I was, was being taken away. This can’t happen to me, I’m safe, I’m doing what I want to do with my life. But as well all have become to know, sometimes life has other plans. It turned out okay and I was blessed enough to find another job. It has been fun, but it has brought to light some new prospects and has pointed me in the way of making my own dreams come true and starting making the best of MY life.
There was a lot of LIFE in between these 12 months, I starting blogging, stop journaling, stopped driving and started riding and much more life between and sometimes the times have been good, some really good and some……not so good, even bad. But I’m here doing my best and that’s all anyone can hope for.
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLER, I love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!! :-)
ReplyDelete