The Knapp Crew: Skyler is 10 months.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Skyler is 10 months.









It’s that time, time for my baby update. Skyler is doing amazing. She is moving, dancing, crawling and even standing. Yup, she pulls herself up now to reach toys. Valkyrie isn’t too keen on sharing all her toys now that Skyler can reach them all as well. Skyler likes to stand and when we have music going she will bounce and shake. She is so happy all the time. She smiles with her 4 tooth smile and laughs. She just watches so intensely.

We have been giving her some mashed up food here and there; for the most part she likes everything. Although pooping is new to her and when she feels one come through she cries, poor baby girl. My parents were here last week and they just loved feeding her and watching her do the bird as they call it, when she pecks her head and flaps her arms as she eats.

She is still so loving, she just likes to be held and hugged. When I come in to pick her up from daycare she lets out a squeak and smiles for me, and then if I pick up Valkyrie first I can hear Skyler wine for me.

Skyler has more hair than Valkyrie did at this age and Skyler’s is a reddish color in the sunlight, it’s beautiful.

Skyler has these big expressive eyes, I swear she can talk to my soul. Speaking of talking Skyer now says “book” and it is so clear. It was funny we were telling Skyler “say book.” Then Valkyrie chimed in and said “Skyler say Valkyrie.”

A few nights ago Skyler was waking up in the 3-4am hour and wanting to play. She was talking and crawling over my head, she wasn’t fussy, just wanted to play. Makes for a very long day when for 2 days in a row your day starts at 4am.

Valkyrie is doing well. She is getting so big and I don’t mean just her looks, her cognitive development, I’m amazed at what she understands and knows. She likes to play with kids, I just wish I could find some good playmates her age outside of daycare.

We had a great mother’s day at Oaks Park . Valkyrie is so brave, she wanted to go on all the rides and some of them I was like “ah I don’t think so” Man, my tolerance for rides is low, I was getting scared and woozy on the kiddy rides. It was Valkyrie’s first time to an amusement park and she had fun. Teaches me so much, I look up to her for her bravery and fearless attitude and her willingness to pick herself back up and move forward. A few times she got scared but we were right beside her.

Although Grammy went on the roller coaster with us and really hurt her back. L Sorry Grammy!

The grandparents had a great time and took the girls swimming and all over. Jeff and I got to enjoy a nice morning alone, where we ate donuts in the spa and got candy at the store. (Our kids don’t let us eat candy!)

Valkyrie likes Chocolate, I don’t give it to her very often but when ever you ask her what she wants to eat she says “Chocolate”, yup she’s a girl.

She is slowly teaching me (and I’m not the most willing student) to live in the moment more. Nothing brings you into the present more than a toddler who stops every 2 feet to look at every rock and bug.

My girls are such a balance of each other. They are the ying and yang. It amazes me the natural balance that takes place with them. I’m so in love with them. It is not always easy and there are times when it is not a pretty picture but there are the really beautiful times too.

Jeff and I are doing well. And hope all is well with all of you. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment