Skyler is 9 months. I don’t have her “stats” she has her well baby check up on Thursday and I’ll send out an update when I get it.
This week the whole house is excited, PAPA is coming up. Valkyrie can’t wait. Skyler can’t wait to show him her new baby tricks, like crawling and laughing. Skyler follows me around the house, she will follow my voice from room to room and when she sees me she gets all happy and kicks her feet with delight and giggles. She gets into all the toys. She is very interested in all the toys Valkyrie pulls out. One of her fail safe toys that almost always makes her happy is the drum set. She is very content just examining the toys over and over.
She has just gotten over a small cold, and it could be in part due to her teeth coming in. So funny, she has just 3 teeth and when she smiles she looks like a little hill billy with her 3 teeth, it makes me laugh, although the other top one is working it’s way down right now, so the 3 tooth smile will soon fade. She is starting to eat more solids. We have her started on the veggies and she likes them so far. Sometimes she gets a little mad when she sees her food grinder and we don’t get it to her fast enough. I like watching her eat and having her get it all over her face. She can be messy, but not as bad as her daddy, I still have to put a bib on him. She is doing wonderful, so happy and loving. In the morning before I wake the girls I like to watch them sleep, when we get out of the bed they start to gravitate towards each other and by the time we wake them up they are entwined together with arms over each other.
Valkyrie is become more active every day. I am just amazed at the things she is learning and doing. She is taking so many things apart like toys and remotes (I wonder where she gets it from…) She loves her kitchen set and now likes to help us cook. She wants to smell and taste everything (even pepper) she enjoys when we have to use the mixer and she will move her head around and around as it goes around. We enjoy her cooking with us as long as she keeps her clothes on and doesn’t try to take a bath in the sink as we are cooking. She is into this dress phase and I love it. The other night we went though her entire closet trying on all of her dresses. It is still a little cool out for dresses so I have to send her to daycare with pants under her dress, she totally doesn’t match but she looks cute. She is able to put her socks on alone and it is just a matter of time before the rest of her outfit will follow. Can’t wait…..dressing a toddler can be very exhausting at times.
I pick her up from daycare she tells me stories about her day like what she ate, who she played with, things she did. I love her stories. They don’t always make sense, a few days ago I picked her up and she said “mommy, doggy pooped in my bed” I have NO idea what she was talking about and I tired so hard to connect the missing dots but I couldn’t I guess sometimes you just have one of those days. She understands so much, I just love talking with her and her talking with me. She understands so much and it is so fun! Her and Skyler both love to have the windows down in the car. Skyler will just crack up as the wind blows in her face. Even when it’s raining I’ll hear Valkyrie ask for her window down, no not today.
Valkyrie sings songs and along with songs. We are big radio people and have it on in the car, while we are playing and cooking and eating so it is just a matter of time before she hears some of the songs enough to know some of the words, I love when she sings along to songs and sometimes I’m shocked how much she knows. She almost always ask who the artist is and sometimes I have no clue, but I know the song.
I’m sure you read the update about her as a water baby. Now she jumps into the spa from the first step and goes all the way under.
She is getting so tall, she can’t stand up in the back of the car now and she is almost in 3T stuff because of her length. She is healthy and very happy. Looking forward to her papa coming up, we love visitors. I bet she is going to run him out, she is tough to keep up with and maybe we will go to the bouncy house the weekend with him. J
Gosh did this “Skyler update” turn into a Valkyrie one or what?
Jeff and I are doing great. The garden is coming along and Jeff has been teaching a lot to help with getting a little extra as well as I know he enjoys it. He looks great, even though he hasn’t been working out he has still lost weight and I think it is from the quality of food we have been really eating for the past few years now and eliminating crap out of our intake (you know us Knapps organic everything).
I have been loving my new job. The work is challenging but the people are great and the work is fun. I feel valued here and I am just accelerating through their training (way ahead of schedule) it feels good to use my brain and feel like I can contribute to my work. As well as I feel appreciated. Everyday my trainer comments on how quick I am, smart, and how fast I pick things up. The money isn’t what I was making but at this time, my happiness means more to me, and you can’t put a price on my happiness. I’m able to leave work at work, hop on my bike (I commute by bike, and to be honest it is one of the best things about my day, rain or shine) and I pick up my beautiful kids and enjoy my night at home. On Tuesday and Thursday nights Jeff is on duty so I can work on my business plan and have time to really start working on my dream!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hey, did you know that you are awesome?! Loved reading the post....
ReplyDelete